Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The father and son bond

Hayden is still very young. It really didn't occur to me how much he can miss his dad. David has been out of town for a few days. Usually I will let Hayden listen to our conversations on speaker phone. Last night Hayden went to bed at 6 an hour earlier than normal. So he didn't get a chance to "talk" to his dad. He has been really clingy today. Hayden is usually not clingy. He woke up at 5 this morning and wasn't nearly as smiley and happy as normal. Well when I picked him up from daycare he wanted to be held and loved on. So I gave him all the extra attention that he needed. He still didn't seem happy. David came home and Hayden was a different kid! He was smiling, laughing, and talking to David. He ate all of his dinner and drank two bottles. David gave him a bath and he was so happy. It really amazes me how strong the father son bond is. Hayden is truly in awe of his father. It is amazing to see how David responds to Hayden. I see such a different person in David now that we have become parents. Hayden has truly changed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment