Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thoughts from a 3 Year Old

Hayden has the most creative imagination. He is constantly coming up with funny things. Tonight was no exception. I always say I am going to write it down but never do and forget. Tonight his perception of "old" people is something I will remember.

Hayden always ask what do ________ do. (the blank is usually old and young people, babies, animals, workers, my students)

Hayden's and David's conversation:

Hayden: You have something on your face Dad.
David: Where... is it food? (David is looking in the mirror)
Hayden: It's hair. Dad your old.
David: I am not old.
Hayden: Yes, you are because you have hair on your face.

A few seconds later..

Hayden: What do "old" people do.
David: Travel, see things, go shopping.
Hayden: Yeah, Dad your old because you go fishing. (David hasn't been fishing...not sure where he got the idea that old people fish)
David: Mommy is old.
Hayden: No, she isn't look at her do you see hair on her face?

I was cracking up!!!!

Hayden: What's so funny....old...hair...that's not funny!!

Some of Hayden's other sayings...

Dad get your flashlight and bug spray...I have a bug at school in the corner that needs to be killed.

(Turns on a flashlight)...What are you doing? Looking for mouse droppings..

Mom...Do you know that Jesus loves you?

(Attempting to wrap Holly in a blanket) What are you doing? I'm wrapping Holly in a blanket. Why? Because she is MY baby.

Mom can I drive my jeep to school?..I will be safe.

(Watching Wonder Pets...If you don't know anything about Wonder Pets they are animals that save other animals that need help) Hayden: oh no the Beaver needs help!! He needs a dam. Me: Hayden lets not say that... Hayden: A dam is what a beaver builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment