Sunday, September 11, 2011

Early Birthday

Okay so I've been busy and will be until October. I have class and volunteer work to keep my busy. So last weekend I went shopping for Hayden's birthday. He picked out Car theme things. So that meant that we had to make a cars cake. I found a cute cake made out of cup cakes. I was going to bake in on Monday but got stuck doing paper work. So this weekend it was my mission to complete it. I did take around 4-5 hours to do this. I am glad I did a trial run because I didn't know it would be so time consuming. The recipe called for vanilla cupcakes but we used chocolate. The liners were not bright red because of that. I think for his birthday I will do this in sections because it is easier. Hayden helped a lot so that might be why it took so long. I also made everything from scratch. I am so glad that years ago David talked me into making Hayden's birthday cakes. It has been really neat to see him grow and know that each year I can make a cake for any theme. Hayden really enjoyed seeing the cake come "alive".

This is the "rough draft"!!





Hayden helping...he iced cupcakes...although I think he ate more icing then he put on!



This a picture of the cake in the book.




This is ours!! You can see where little hands got into it.


It didn't take Hayden and David long to eat half of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment