Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Smarty Pants

I know this is a never-ending subject with me but I know my kid is smart, but not just a typically 4 year old smart, but like crazy smart! Let me just give an example of a few things he can do..complete a 100 piece puzzle, read books, solve math problems, and retell stories and nursery rhymes. During the summer, Hayden went with me to set up my classroom a lot. He was busy playing and I was working. He got very familiar with a few toys. The other day he asked if I could bring the punching guys home so he could play with them. I couldn't remember to bring them home. I told Hayden he would have to write me a note. So he did...he said the word punching over and over again until he was listening to the sounds and on his paper he wrote PNG (if you know anything about invented spelling then he is on the right track... invented spelling is writing the sounds that you hear and he did just that)!! So then for guys he wrote GYZ. I was a proud mama! So him writing words brought me to the conclusion he is ready for more. So yesterday he read 2 books (we talked about putting sounds together when you come to a word you don't know and really took off with that) and learned two new words and wrote this....



All of this smartness got me and David thinking that he is ready for more. So we are looking at private schools for next year for Pre-K. He is already in the highest group of kids at his school now and is one of the smartest one's there. He is always eager to learn and wants to be taught things. The next thing on his agenda is counting to 100. I am hoping that will take awhile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment