Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The letter P

Today was such a fun day! At work I did absolutely nothing. My kids have been working extremely hard on a Christmas play. Last night, they sang and told baby Jesus what gift they would give him. My favorite was the cutest little boy in my class that said, "I will pedal Jesus's love all around my neighborhood." His talent was biking riding. The kids were so funny. You would think that they would behave since their parents were watching. They were awful. Many parents asked "Is this how they behave for you"? Of course I said no, they are really good in school. My parents appreciate all that I do for their child. It melts my heart and I know how truly grateful and blessed I am because of my students. Okay, so for a reward for all of their hard work we had the letter P day. We got to wear pj's, eat pizza and popcorn, and of course play with the puppy. We watched Polar Express and played today. Hayden has been really tired today he crashed while drinking his bottle. I think he is teething because, he is having really bad diarrhea. Today, he had 15 dirty diapers. His bottom is so red. I let him run around necked in the kitchen. He loves that. We are only letting eat "approved" food, (rice, toast, crackers, applesauce, and bananas). I am hoping it will get better after 24 hours. If not, we will go to the doctor Friday morning. I am getting ready for Christmas. If Hayden is feeling better we will go visit Santa on Saturday. It was so cold today. We might get some snow here tonight. I hope that it isn't to bad because I don't want to miss school. We are out of bad weather days. Hayden has been doing really good sleeping in his bed. We are on week 2. We started last week with patting and rubbing his ears. We now progressed to sitting next to his crib. Next week, we will try moving away from his crib. We are taking it day by day and trying not to make to many changes at once. That is working really well. I have been reading and studying different ways to get your child to sleep by themselves. I am not a fan of crying it out. I am thinking it will take about 4 to 6 weeks for us to be out of his room and just letting us place him in his crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment