Sunday, January 16, 2011

Were Back!!

Okay so it has been well over a year since I made a post. I have been trying to remember all the things that we have done and the things Hayden has said and I can't remember everything. I love being able to go back and read previous post. I am going to try to keep up. Christmas and New Years flew by so fast and we enjoyed all the time with family. I have Christmas pictures that I need to upload to Picasa. I did upload a few from his birthday. Hayden grew up in the last year. From just being able to put sentences together to now talking up a storm.

Hayden surprises me everyday. His favorite things to do now are puzzles, read I Spy books, and play with his trains and cars. We have been working a lot on recognizing letters. He now knows them all!! Now we are learning the sounds. He struggles with remembering them. We do motions to remember the sounds and once I do the motion he can tell me the sound. He is a visual and auditory learner. I had a conference with Hayden's teacher and asked what he needed to work on and she told me that he won't write in school. Hayden does not like to write his name or color at home. So instead we have been working on fine motor activities. I have discovered his favorite is shaving cream.


We have been going to church and Hayden is starting to remember what the lessons are about. He will ask questions about Jesus and sing Jesus Loves Me. I am looking for a kid friendly bible that I can read to Hayden at bedtime, something with a lot of pictures. He loves to look at pictures and describe in detail whats happening. So if you know a good one let me know.

I am applying to Stephen F. Austin to start on a Masters program. I am going to get my Masters in Special Education in Visual Impairment. I will teach students that are blind or with low vision. The only thing I am scared about is learning braille. I will start in the Summer. It is a 36 hour program so I am hoping I can be done in 2 years (3 at the most). I am very excited about it. I think I rushed through college just wanting to get done. Now I can go back and actually enjoy it. I need to finish my application tomorrow.

We have been looking into signing Hayden up for t-ball. His games will start in late March. I think he is going to have a ball! He loves to hit off the T outside. I think the hardest part might be catching the ball with the glove. He lets the ball drop in front of him. We really haven't taught him how to catch.

Here are a few pictures...




No comments:

Post a Comment