Saturday, February 5, 2011

WOW

We have been hearing about the terrible snow storm and arctic blast that happened to several states. Well it came to Houston. On Thursday I got out of school two hours early. So I picked up Hayden we had to run some errands (to prepare for this event). I went to the grocery store picked up some necessities. While we were there Hayden was dying to get some silly putty, so I agreed. That stuff has been everywhere. I am pretty sure that it is gone now. When he first opened it he would stretch it out and these tiny strings would get everywhere. So then he had a brilliant idea. He would make it flat like a pancake (Hayden's words) and stick it to his forehead. (Mind you we were out shopping and he had the huge flat thing stuck to his head. When we left the store he had to put his hat on. Of course he thought his hat could just go over it. Well it did but the putty came off his head and now was stuck to his hat). Once we got home he was in tears because he could no longer play with it. So I did my best to remove the putty from his hat. He then made the putty stick all over his face. Around 7 on Friday morning he came to watch cartoons in bed with me. When he was laying next to me I was talking to him and I noticed the patches all over his face. I forgot all about the putty. I mean that kid is creative. He has officially stuck the stuff to every surface. (including toys and clothes) He eventually lost the stuff. I am still finding bits and pieces everywhere (pillows, blankets, walls, floor, in the dogs hair...) So now back to the storm. I was watching the news every time it was on. I was pretty sure it was going to snow. I mean 2-4 inches.....RIGHT!!! I went to bed after the 10:30 news. Set my alarm clock for 12,2,4,and 6. (I got clothes set out so when it started to snow we could all get dressed and play in it). I am so disappointed I didn't even see rain when I woke up. I opened the blind in our room and I would check there first. When I didn't see anything I opened the back door. When I got out of bed all I saw was ice. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! NO SNOW!!! I was so convinced with all the accurate weather reports. We did get a snow day but we have a day set up to make it up. So a snow day with no snow. David and I did researched how to make snow. So maybe when it gets could enough (either this year or next) we will make it so we all can play in it. Hayden will get to see and make a snow angel. Dale and Sara this is for you Hayden was convinced that he could stay how from school 3 days in a row. Just like his Aunt and Uncle did. So maybe you could freeze Hayden a snow ball and save it for him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment