Sunday, April 17, 2011

What a Week

WOW...This week blew by fast and its one I will remember for awhile. This week has been so stressful at work and home. As the school year is winding down there is a lot I have to do. I am evaluated 2 times a year (sometimes more) and so many days before the school year ends I have to turn in a lot of documentation. The documentation usually consist of student attendance, student progress, how I communicate with parents, what I did to help my struggling students.... and so much more!! I was busy trying to get all of that turned in by Friday. Grades are also due on Monday so I was busy preparing report cards. On top of that I found out that I didn't get into Project Vision...which means I have to come up with $15,000 dollars to pay for my classes. I don't know any teacher that has that kind of money laying around!! I refuse to take out any loans. I have been searching the web to find scholarships I can apply for. I filled out my FASFA. I am hoping I can get some grant money. There is also the TEACH Grant which you can get if you get a degree in a high need field and teach in low income school for 4 years. That might be an option. It will pay 4,000 dollars a year.

Hayden has been behaving terrible at school which leads to him misbehaving at home. We aren't sure why he is misbehaving. We talk to him about it and he just says that was my idea. I know my kid can be difficult at times but he usually will snap out of it after a time out or just talking to him. At daycare he has been hitting, pushing, spitting, pinching, and locked a kid in the bathroom. David and I have tried everything...praising him, no toys or watching tv. I doesn't seem to work. We started retracing our steps...going through our routine to see what has changed. The only thing that we can think is that we haven't spent quality time with him. We decided that when Hayden is awake we won't sit in front of the TV as a family but do something that engages him. David has been extremely busy at work. This week we only ate together once. We usually eat dinner as a family every night. I am thinking that affects him. He doesn't have the vocabulary or know how to say, Hey spend some time with me!

I have been laying my hands and praying for him. We talk about choices that he needs to make and how to do it. Please pray for all of us as we go through this season of our life. David asks, what would you do in the classroom if this was happening? I tell him it is about the before, during, after. What happens with him or the class before the incident occurs, then in the during, and after. It is hard to get the information from a 3 year old. He can tell you he got in trouble and will rat on himself. He doesn't seem to remember exactly what he did though. I am praying this is a phase to see how much he can get away with. I am also thinking that Hayden is exactly like me. He has to be doing something all the time. He is probably bored. He can count, knows letters and sounds, read a few words, remember nursery rhymes, and can pretty much tell you about every book he reads. Private school is looking pretty good for him...if it can be challenging for him. Hayden has a late birthday which means that he will almost be 6 before he can go to Kindergarten...which means he will know a lot before he get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment