Wednesday, May 18, 2011

8 1/2

Yes...it is official there is only 8 1/2 days left of school. I am so excited. The year has flew by fast. I think after Christmas that's when I suddenly realize how fast its going. Yesterday I was reading my class a book (I Love You Forever, it is about no matter how big or how much you grow or change I will always love you and yow will be my baby). I had to stop reading it because I got teary eyed. Every year I get very attached to my group of kiddos it is hard for me to let them go. I think mostly because I don't want them to spend 3 months without hearing I love you and giving them praise. Each child holds special place in my heart. When they go on to first grade I still check on my kids. I want them to realize that school is great place to come and feel loved. They don't hear it enough. A couple of weeks ago I faced one of the most difficult days of my career. I had to call CPS and it tore me up. I've called CPS a few times before but nothing like this. I don't think people realize how difficult and demanding teaching can be. We recently had teacher appreciation week and it was great to get notes from my students. It put a smile on my face to see how much the kids love me. I can honestly say I do it for them. I hate all of the politics, drama, and rules. I never hate the kids in my class, they are there for a reason. I love knowing that a year in my class could change their life forever. What a great blessing it is to know that I am a difference maker in a child's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment