Monday, June 13, 2011

First Movie

Okay so I am a week behind on my posting. But, hey when I took my braille test it paid off because I got an A!! When I graduated from Tech I was 4 tenths away from graduating with honors so I figured I would give it a chance this go around. I want a stinking sash!! Now back to the post...

Last week, we took Hayden to the movies. There is a blog that I read that told me about this deal...You can go see 10 movies (one a week) in the summer for 5 bucks a person!! It was a great deal. I figured if we had to leave it wouldn't be a waste for $.50 a movie, great entertainment that is INSIDE! They don't show any new releases, so they are old but I am definitely not complaining. Hayden's never been to the movies so he wouldn't know. He did so well. David came with us which helped a lot. The place was packed. I stood in line for popcorn for 20 minutes. We "brought" lots of snacks which Hayden loved. We stuffed our faces the whole time. We saw Rio. It was supposed to be The Wizard of Oz, but for some reason didn't show it. David didn't think The Wizard of Oz was going to be a good fit for Hayden. I don't really remember the movie but David did. He said it freaked him out when he was little. He kept on talking about the flying monkeys and the witch. So we really talked to Hayden and "prepared" him. I was relieved when they didn't show it. He sat through the whole thing. When there was like 10 minutes left he said he was ready to leave. He didn't ask a lot of questions which I thought he would. My favorite thing about this was, he was able to get the jokes and funny things. When he would he started cracking up laughing....it was TOO CUTE!!

Here is him doing a review of letters. We do this as a warm up every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment