Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lies, Lies, Lies

Okay, so yes I did say I have a lot of post to write but if you've been looking you can see that it's NOT HERE. One word to describe it BRAILLE! I started school a week ago. Since Friday, I have been brailling my eyes out. When my professor said I would be brailling 2 to 3 hours a day I thought she was crazy! Yeah, I am the one that's crazy. I have been seriously brailing like it's my full time job about 30 hours. Praise God that David has been home. He has been a life saver. It is hard to learn a new language when you have 3 year old playing 50 questions. I see now why this is the feeder class. We have already had 3 people drop the class. There are about 25 teachers in the state of Texas going out for this certification. This seems to be a high need field. I am okay for people quitting the program. I was able to receive another grant from SFA because people dropped out (this is the one I wanted at first but, didn't get). It will pay for ALL of my classes (18 hours towards my Masters)!!

If you are wondering if I am ready to quit, no not yet. I do get frustrated because you can only have three mistakes in the entire page. When you make more then than that you need to re-braille the page. I get aggravated with that. I am getting better and feeling confident. I think last week was the toughest week. I have a feeling it won't get any easier but the good news is I CAN make it!

So since I've been home what have I been doing with all that time (besides brailling)? I started to teach Hayden how to read. Yes, I know at 3 is that really necessary. Yes, for him. He is the kid that will pick up a book and tell you the story through the pictures. When that doesn't work he asks you for help or he will say what does C-A-T spell. He loves books, letters, and reading. I have been slacking off. We didn't do anything today or yesterday. He said today before I left for class, "Mom can you teach me again"? Uh YES!! How can you say no to that. I am not saying he will be a fluent reader by the end of summer. I know he knows a lot of the sounds so we will be working on sight words. I brought home all of my school stuff because I am switching schools, so he has been out in the garage playing with everything. He loves the magnetic letter the most.

The next couple of post will be about my couponing and stock piles I have going and Hayden's first trip to the movies.

So I have a video to upload of Hayden and I doing a warm up on the letters sounds, but youtube is uploading slow...so tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment