Wednesday, June 22, 2011

OUT

I spend a lot of time doing homework. Usually it doesn't turn out like I want...peace and quiet so I don't make any mistakes! So David usually entertains Hayden so I can get some stuff done. I have a make shift schedule...wake up around 8 and braille for an hour, then usually hang out with Hayden. Once Hayden takes a nap, I braille or study for two hours. After that we usually play or try to get out of the house. Once Hayden is in bed I braille or study for another two or three hours. I try not to do much homework when Hayden is awake but sometimes it doesn't work that way. We have a strict policy of little TV time for Hayden. Hayden gets up early around six. David usually gets up around then so Hayden wakes up early to watch TV. He knows once we are up and around he has to turn it off. David and I are always looking for stuff to do with Hayden. I get bored doing the same puzzle or playing the same game every day. We bought Hayden a pool last summer but we never set it up. When we were cleaning the garage we found it. We set it up and a slip in slide. He had a blast!! Hayden didn't know how to do the slip and slide. David and I took turns showing Hayden how to do it. We all had fun. We invited the neighbor kids over. Hayden enjoyed that. He misses playing with kids, since he is not in school. Hayden was so worn out from playing that he took a nap for almost 4 hours!! I think this will help us "get out" of the house without costing us anything. I can sit and read or braille while Hayden is playing. Hopefully next week I can grab the camera to take a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment