Monday, July 4, 2011

Sea World

I am so sorry it has been so long since I wrote a post. Since we go back from San Antonio I have been playing catch up. I hate Monday's Braille class when I have 2 days to do homework that takes me 5. I love Thursdays because it's my "I can breathe day". So now back to Sea World.

My Aunt Ann, her good friend Sheryl, Sheryl's granddaughter Marley, Hayden, and I drove to San Antonio last Friday. We had such a good time. I was in the backseat attending to 2 kids, messing with the DVD player, and doing homework....with a brailler on my lap!! Needless to say I was glad when we got there. We left around 6 and got to Sea World around 10. The day was so great....we ALL had a BLAST!!! We had planned out most of our day so that we could see everything....although we didn't get to EVERYTHING!! We spend most of the day in the Kiddie rides....which was fine with me. The lines were short and moved fast. Marley is about to be 5 so Hayden and her rode most of the rides together. Hayden rode his first roller coaster. He LOVED it!! I thought he was going to be scared and kept watching his face. I figured he would freak out. He didn't, when were getting off the ride he started crying. I figured he had enough.....NO, he didn't want to leave he wanted to ride it again!! We then went to see a show in 4D...this is 3D with effects...like water spraying, air at your feet, wind blowing, and seat moving. This is the one thing that he was afraid of...so scared the he started to cry so loud that we left. After talking to him he said that he didn't know where all the effects were coming from and that scared him. We then went back to kiddie land and they rode a few more rides, then it was time for lunch. We got this wrist bands for food. You could go to restaurants and order anything and a drink as many times as you want. It was well worth it!! So then we went to ride a water ride. Hayden loved it. It was a raft that went around in a circle. Then off to see Shamu. This was so neat. I enjoyed this the most. The whales were so fun. They did tricks and Hayden got a kick out of it. The trainers would show us what to do and Hayden loved "helping" Shamu wave. After that we went to the water park side. Hayden loved everything here. When we were in the wave pool he got a little scared because the waves would get so big, once he was used to it he was jumping into them!! We brought a wagon and that helped so much. He ended falling asleep while we were eating dinner in his chair. I put him in the wagon and it was great. I put an umbrella over him and he slept for almost 2 hours. We went through the lazy river a few times. I loved that it just carries us through the whole thing. Hayden saw a water slide that he was dying to go on. I figured it would be okay. When we got up there I found out that he couldn't ride with me. I was scared...shocked actually. I couldn't send my baby down a water slide that I couldn't see him or catch him at the bottom. This slide was about 4 stories tall. He didn't want to just walk down and not ride it. So I let him go...I went first to comfort him at the bottom if he needed it. When he came sliding down he had a huge grin across his face!! I wished I brought the camera to water park side....but I was afraid it was going to get wet. He was so brave and not scared. I am pretty sure that it is going to haunt me in a few years. We finished the night with another Shamu show....with closer seats. We spent the night in San Antonio. Hayden was so intrigued about what a hotel was. Overall we had such a fabulous time. We didn't get to see everything so we are thinking about taking another trip. We got season passes so we can go until January. Here are a few pictures...kind of out of order...
















No comments:

Post a Comment