Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's Over

My summer classes are over... officially. Tuesday I took my Braille finial. It was a 4 part test and took about 5 hours...I failed one part (okay so I got an 80 which by her criteria wasn't passing). I went home very bummed and frustrated that I spent my ENTIRE summer studying and learning Braille. I was able to retake it on Wednesday. I ended up making an A. When I went over my mistakes and what I missed, it was dumb things...stuff I knew. I saved the hardest part for last...which was the part I failed. I think when I take my "real" test...the one to get certified in September, I will do the hardest part first. I have a final to take online but its open notes and book...doesn't mean that's it easy because it is 18 pages long, but I feel confident that I will ace it. It is so wonderful and fulfilling to know that I've made A's in both classes and I have 30 hours left for my masters. I love the fact that I am proud of myself. No one said that it would be easy and it wasn't by any means, but I enjoyed learning and "patting" myself on my back.

With college being over it means a new start at my job. I start work on Monday. I feel anxious because I am not sure what to expect. I want to start this year in a positive, upbeat state of mind. I've been working in my classroom here and there. It is so hard to stay a whole day and get anything done with Hayden. He loves to play in there and plays very well by himself but, I feel guilty so we usually head home early to play at home or we will play there. He is a great helper putting stuff away and finding things that I lose. I can't believe summer is over and it will be 9 months before Hayden and I can spend every day together. Overall I've enjoyed being home and sharing so many new and exciting things with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment