Monday, August 29, 2011

What a week


The past week there's not much of anything happening. We have all had to learn to adjust to the new work schedule. Hayden is having the hardest time. Hayden is an early riser, but we have been leaving the house at 6:20, which is usually the time he gets up. I've had to get him up around 5:45 because it takes him awhile to wake up. About a year ago Hayden started to eat breakfast with me. He eats at school but I guess he likes it to eat at home because it's just the two of us. It is something I look forward to because it is "us" time. We have been trying to put Hayden to bed at 8 but he doesn't fall asleep until 9. He needs about 10 hours of sleep a night to be ready to go. I think today he realized how much sleep he needed. He didn't want to get up this morning and then took a 3 hour nap at school. I also registered to take my state Braille test in September. I honestly haven't touched my brailler since my final. I am now doing the hour a day practice to get ready for it! I had class on Saturday and I have a lot of work ahead of me. I also need to complete 80 hours of observation, training, or volunteering. It is going to be hard since I work full time. I am excited about what I learn though. I think for the next few months are going to be challenging for David and I. I know we both agree that there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done!! For those that need a Hayden fix...here you go!




No comments:

Post a Comment