Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birthday Boy





Today is Hayden's birthday. It w as a very emotional day. I didn't sleep well last night and was up by 4...so I laid and bed and thought about the day ahead of me. I wanted to wake him up on his fourth birthday so I think that is why I was awake so early. I didn't want to miss his reaction. David and I work him up about 5:50. I really wished I would have captured that moment on video. He was truly precious. I said Hayden it's morning and he sat up really fast and said so happy, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! David said, so how old are you he held up 4 fingers....like he was waiting for this moment. We then talked about all the things we had planned for the day. One thing that David and I do really well is making sure Hayden has a special day that is ALL about him. When we were making breakfast Hayden was looking over himself and said Mom I didn't get bigger. (I guess he thought since he is four he should be taller)? He had a huge smile on his face. So he then proceed to wake Holly up and tell her the exciting news...(Hayden's conversation to Holly)

I am four Holly...Can't you tell? I am so excited that I am four...Can you believe it? October 18th is finally here!! (This leads me into thinking that Hayden will enjoy being a big brother)

Hayden and I made cupcakes to take to his friends at school. When we were making them Hayden had it all planned out about who was getting what cupcake. Typically Hayden.

He had a great day at school and his teachers and the staff made a big deal about him turning four. Which made him happy!

If his birthday doesn't fall on the day of his party. We let him pick where we wants to go eat dinner and celebrate....not surprising that he picked Chuck E. Cheese!! We had a blast. I think David and I enjoyed playing games more then Hayden did. He was also so excited that he got a birthday sticker.

It is so weird how David and I view the past four years. David thinks that they have dragged on while I feel like the were gone in a blink. It is hard for me to come to terms with all that he has accomplished in four years...Sitting, walking, talking, developing his personality, able to carrying on a conversation...so much! I think this past year he has grown so much because he is able to verbalize it all. He can read words, write his first name and tell you the letters in his last name. Knows about 10 muscles in the body. He can tell you anything about rats, sharks, and dinosaurs. He can count to 30 and to 20 in Spanish. He likes to dance and do flips to an ACDC song. Loves to listen to stories and build race car tracks. He has a kind heart and always eager to help. He want to please you.

Happy Birthday Hayden...You have truly taught me so much and I am so grateful for your hugs and kisses. You are going to a great big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment