Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hayden and the baby

We told Hayden the day we found out. He never really got the concept. A baby and where does it come from and how does it get there. I think that was too much for his 3 year old brain to wrap around. David told him that the baby is in my tummy and that the doctor cuts it out. (Okay kinda right but still wasn't understanding). I am hoping that when my stomach get bigger, he will get it. I think he will really understand when he can feel the baby move and kick. He will rub my belly and tell me he is taking care of it. He is very excited about this. He likes to look at baby stuff and tells me we need _______ for the baby. He really has a soft spot. Lately it has been if I can't do (something on his own...cut his pancakes, open the door, put his shoes on...)then I am not a big brother. I tried explaining just because you have the word BIG doesn't mean that it has to be by yourself. Hayden wants a baby brother...ONLY a baby brother. David and I explained that you can't pick what kind of baby you want you just get it. So then he said okay...Daddy and I can have a boy baby and mommy you can have a girl baby. We said No...you just get one. So I think now he wants any baby. He really has taking this in stride. He is so ready for the baby to come so he can help. I am hoping that it will stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment