Monday, October 3, 2011

Our Peanut

So today we went back to the doctor for my 8 week check up. It is truly amazing how big of a difference a few weeks make. Last time she did any ultrasound nothing was there. Today so different. We saw a BABY.



This is a profile view (it came out really blurry...I think it is the scanner). You can see a head and some what of a baby shape. What I enjoyed most about this was Hayden reaction. As soon as she said hey look it is a baby, Hayden said really loud I am SOOO EXCITED! and then clapped his hands and had a big smile on his face. How can you not love that? It is kind of difficult to take Hayden to the doctor with us because he asks a lot of questions. It is nice to have David come to help with Hayden when they are asking me stuff. So David asked when we could find out the sex of the baby. She said around 20 weeks...which I think is the week of Christmas. She then said that there is a blood test that they look at the gene make up and that take place around 10-13 weeks. I am wanting to do that, but insurance doesn't cover it (it is around 100-150 bucks). So we will see....I am trying to talk David into it...no luck so far. (There is a new game coming out on the Xbox that he wants and I told him when we find out the sex of the baby then you get your game....He didn't like that deal)!! We got an official due date which is May 14, but we are planning for a schedule C-section which would be the week of the 7th..when it gets closer we will know for sure when the baby will be born. We also heard the heartbeat which was so nice and reassuring to hear. What a great way to start a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment