Sunday, April 6, 2008

Retirement

A lot of things change when you have a "real" job and a kid. The top two priorities for David and I are retirement and college funds. I really enjoy my job and love my students but we do not get 401K or any retirement funds. I have begun to look for a teaching job in school districts. The school districts offer a Teacher Retirement Fund. The good thing about this as long as I work in the state of Texas, no matter what district I teach I can still earn retirement money. David and I would like to retire young so if we have to work for the next twenty years so that we can reap the rewards we will. I don't think you are ever to young to start thinking about retirement. We cannot count on Social Security because when we go to retire who knows if there will be anything left. If you invest a 1000 dollars a month into savings for retirement for the next 20 years you will have close to 1 million dollars, crazy. Also another exciting thing to report is that since we have paid all of our debit off David's FICA score jumped 70 points. This is exciting because we will get a lower interest rate and get approved for great loan when we go to buy a house. One more thing we have found a babysitter!!!! Yeah, Heather is a teacher at my school. She is about the same age as me. We went and saw 21. I really enjoyed the movie, David didn't. I am not sure if I enjoyed the movie or just the fact that we actually found someone we can trust to watch Hayden. We have arranged it so that we have two date nights a month. I feel like I am in college again, since we get to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment