Monday, November 10, 2008

Leah Hope


Yup, you read right.... okay. We sponsored a little girl in China. David and I have been going back and forth about giving. We can give our child the world. We have spoiled Hayden beyond belief. There isn't a time when we go out that Hayden doesn't get something. I spoil Hayden a lot more. I have to admit that it is nice for Hayden to have lots of things. I have been reading Jake and Carrie's blog. I felt guilt giving my son formula. When I would make more formula then he would drink my heart would cringe; knowing the fact that some babies don't have formula. So, I told David we need to do something, something big. So the next day David went out and bought a ton of formula and food for them. (We need to send them the box of stuff). I felt like that wasn't enough. Although, I didn't know that we could sponsor a child. So David looked on their foster homes website and decided that we need to do this. He even picked Leah because she was the only one smiling in her picture. We have truly been blessed. God has opened a lot of doors and provided for us that it was time for us to give back. I knew tithing in the church was something I wasn't called to do. Children are my passion. I keep on telling David that we need to spend our summers in some type of missionary. I would love to teach ESL to children, after all that is what I am certified for. I don't think David is ready for that. When Hayden gets older and in school I think it would be a great learning experience for all of us. I can remember when I went to Mexico in high school. I don't think anything has filled my heart with such a fullness as serving for God in something I am called to do. Well, okay that's my second fullness Hayden and David are my first. So anyways, back to Leah. She is 7 years old and is a little person. She is matched with an adoptive family in Texas, so she will be adopted out at some point. I am hoping that if we enjoy this that we will be able to sponsor more children.

1 comment: