Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tree time

This weekend flew by fast. We were so busy. I finished all of our Christmas shopping. I bought a ton of stuff. I even began to wrap everything. I also went to Sams and picked up a Christmas tree. I love our tree. It is huge and takes up half of the living room! I picked out some ornaments and got the garland up. I wanted to finish tonight with Hayden, but he wasn't cooperating. He went to bed early and I feel asleep with him. So, we will attempt to finish it tomorrow. We also went to church this morning. The Pastor preached a good message. He talked about how we need to keep the momentum going in our walk with God. The best way to do this is to surround your self with people that belief the same way you do and getting rid of all the things that bring you down. Yeah, I am sure that many of yall have heard that before. The biggest thing that got me was the fact that you need to live your life for others to follow. You want others to be inspired and driven to follow you. I am going to buy the book, The Purpose Driven life. I know what my calling is, teaching. I love to teach. It is something that I am designed to do. I can't see my life without teaching. A mom told my that her daughter always wanted to be a princess. Now, she wants to be a teacher just like Mrs. Nicole. I find that priceless. I love the fact that I can inspire a 5 year old. I am not sure how to include God into teaching. I would love to volunteer my time in the nursery. On another note, Hayden now nodes his head to say no. When I ask him something, I say yes or no. His answer is always no! I asked him if he was poopy of course he said no when he really was. I buy a lot of books every month from a school book order. Hayden loves to get new books. I think it is a great investment into Hayden's future. This week I brought out the Thanksgiving books. He has been wanting me to read the same book. I must read it about 10 times a day. I have it memorized. He gets mad when I don't look at the words and point when I read to him. He points to the words for me and closes it so that I read it right. I love him wanting to read the same book. Some people think that reading to kids that don't understand and can't talk yet is a waste of time. It is actually the best thing for them. Hayden has always had tons of books around. When he was a baby I used to read to him while feeding him or when he was falling asleep. Many times he will choose a book over a toy. His favorite books are the ones that you can push buttons and music or sounds play. He has begun to match the pictures and sometimes pushes the correct button.

No comments:

Post a Comment