Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa Came





We opened gifts eariler! It was a lot of fun celebrating and enjoying our own Christmas. Last year we opened a few presents in Midland and then the rest in Houston. I like savoring the moment of celebrating as a a family of three. You could see the real emotions of Hayden's excitement. This Christmas was a lot of fun because Hayden could participate. Although Hayden was sick, he enjoyed it. It was so cute, he wanted to play with each gift he opened. We had to hide a few so that he could open the rest.


His favorite was his Santa Gift, which was little thing that he rides on and it makes noise. He loves pushing the sound buttons and moving the bucket up and down. I thought it might be to big because it was for 18-36 months. It fits him just right, his feet touch the ground. David and I are blessed with good jobs that allows us to spoil Hayden and each other. Although this year I set a budget and I shopped the sale ads to allow my dollar to go further. David did all of his shopping online! Hayden got tons of clothes (mostly from Old Navy because I had a 30% of coupon), a lot of new books and one that makes animal sounds,

3 puzzles (they are Melissa and Doug brand, these are durable and easy)
4 Tonka Cars, he loves to push them. The big cars make noise when you push them.

A guitar that plays different songs, (this was a big hit too, since he is into dancing), and some other things.

David got a fancy tool set which I know nothing about. I went to Home Depot and asked for help. By the time I walked out of there I spent 400 dollars. I have no idea if that was a good buy or just stupid. David says its a great set, based on what he read. He got an Ihome. I didn't buy the right one. It does not play the Iphone correctly. He also got some clothes, a book, and other tool stuff. I already have a pile of returns for Hayden and David. David is so cute. I will tell him things I need or things I have been looking for. I don't think he is actually paying attention but he is. One of the things, I have been looking for is a knife sharpener. We have a great set of knifes that we got as a wedding present. It has a knife sharpener. I don't know how to use it correctly because it never works. So he bought me this fancy sharpener that sharpens different types of knife and scissors. I am a gadget queen so I loved it.

A really neat George Foreman grill. It is a 360 degrees grill. I can make anything with it. I can't wait to find new recipes to try. I think I am going to make homemade quesadillas. I also got the Purpose Driven life book. I am planning to start if after Christmas. What made the book even more exciting was that David wants to read it too. I am glad that we will be going through that journey together. My favorite gift is my diamond earrings. I didn't think I would get them. I am not a fancy jewelery person, but I like small little things. I love my wedding ring and the band I got for Valentines day. David also got me a small diamond necklace that I wear every now and then. I kept telling him, I need a 1/2 cart pair of diamond earrings. I wanted something small and dainty. I love them! I don't think I am going to take them off anytime soon. This last picture is so precious. I look forward to many more of these. Hayden wanting to be just like Dad. There a not words to describe how amazing my husband is. He is truly a Godsend and I love him dearly. I love the fact that he loves Hayden as much as I do. He would do anything for this kid. See, his new present he can't even look at it without his shadow coming. David just lets Hayden live in the moment...


**Update

Hayden is still running a fever. Today, I did 3 breathing treatments. I seemed to help. His nose was running like crazy. I kept on suctioning it. His diareha isn't that bad anymore. We are down to 2 or 3 today. He is drinking a lot of Pedlite. This is helping. He is having a lot of wet diapers. The doctor called this morning. They can't find anything yet. They are going to let it grow and we will hear something around Tuesday. Even if his fever breaks tonight or earlier in the morning we will still be going to the doctor. I want to make sure that he is fine. Please pray for him. He has been a little trooper. He has had a lot of Motrin and Tylenol the last few days. I am hoping that I can stop tonight. I would like to not give him anything. If I don't, his fever gets really high. Tonight was the first bath he has had in days. He enjoyed it and hasn't woke up yet either. We will be in Houston soon. I will post sometime tomorrow, after the doctor visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment