Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Mother Always Knows

A mother’s intuition is something I have learned to listen to. As I go through life as a parent it is hard to describe when you know something isn't right. I am not sure when it develops. I knew Hayden was going to be a boy way before he the sonogram. I also knew that he was going to be a big baby and such a boy. Although I do want to dress him in girl clothes and put his hair in a pony tail (since it is really long and has the most beautiful curls). Many people think that I freak out to much about Hayden and we visit the doctor more then we should. The one thing I know is I have a very supportive husband. He agrees with me when it comes to Hayden's safety. So I got ready for work this morning as usual. Hayden seemed a little off. There were times when he seemed a bit crabby then others he was playing fine. I sat down with him and really thought about calling into work. It was 6:15 and I would have to been at school in an hour. I figured it would be too late to find a sub. So he went to daycare and I told his teacher that if he didn't seem like himself to call me. I would come and pick him up. So about 8:45 I had the urge to call and check on him. They said he was a little fussy and his nose was running. Well I just knew he needed to go to the doctor (for the second time this week, we will meet our deductible by the end of January at this rate!). When I picked him up his teacher said he is fine. I said I know that something isn't right. I asked about his ears. She said that his ear was draining green fluid. I knew when I called it must have been a God moment. I took him into the doctor. Of course he had an ear infection. The tube is draining the fluid. I love using the ear drops. It is much easier then holding him down to get him to take antibiotic. I asked the doctor why he is getting them more. He has had two in the last month. She said when it is cold season that the drainage can cause more ear infections. I knew he had to have more than a cold because his nose wasn't an allergy nose. It was yucky. Hayden never really has a running nose unless he has an ear infection. So the nose will stop running as the ear continues to drain. I am glad that we caught this early. Hayden has been pulling his ear plugs out when he is taking a bath. She said even a few drops of bath water can cause an ear infection because the water is filled with bacteria and there is nowhere for the water to go. I am going to call and try to get him fitted for custom ear plugs. Lately Hayden has been "swimming" in the bath. He will put his head under water and try to float on his back. It freaks me out. I think his is drowning. He comes up and is laughing and splashing. He is have a grand old time. He reminds me a lot of myself in the water. I am not scared of water. I got the cutest video of Hayden eating yogurt. I am going to try to upload it tonight so I can blog about it in the morning. Oh another Hayden note, he got bit on the face at daycare. Needless to say David is going to have a call with them in the morning. His face looks like someone hit him. It is a bad bruise. I told David that we can't put Hayden in another center because he loves his lead teacher. He will follow her around the room all day. In the mornings he will go to her and give her kisses. He tells me bye and is happy. I don't want to ruin that. When David is working it is nice for Hayden to have a familiar face.

No comments:

Post a Comment