Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Okay Now What

Okay...I just got done reading Jake and Carrie's Blog. My heart is physically hurting. It is like I am having a severe Asthma attack without the breathing issue. Every night I plant the seed into David about adoption. There is not a day that goes by (since we started sponsoring Leah) that I don't think about those children. I forgot to tell y'all that we received a package in the mail a few weeks ago. It was a very nice calendar of all the children in the Foster Home. I have it by my desk at work. I find myself frequently turning the pages to see all of the children, especially Leah. We are so grateful that she is going to be adopted, to a family in Texas. I am hoping that one day we will meet her. I will try to take pictures of that calendar to share. So, on to things that are happening now. It has been a whirlwind the past two days. We have been extremely busy. I picked Hayden up from daycare yesterday and we ran to Wal-Mart. While he was sitting eating an apple I noticed a ring like circle on the top of his head. I tried several times to get a "good" look at it. I though oh geez...ringworm. I called his doctor to see if they could squeeze us in. Yup, there was an opening. So I paid for the fruit and left. While we were playing in the examination room, Hayden found a Veggie Tales book. I started to sing the song and Hayden danced along. Hayden rarely watches TV. The only time he does is in the car and most of the time he is pointing and talking to me. I really frown on a lot of TV for children even if it is educational. I think he learns a lot through reading and singing songs. For Christmas, he got a Veggie Tales DVD. So he has seen it a few times. I was naming off a few characters from the show and he would point to them. Wow, I was amazed. He knew the song and the characters pretty impressive, for a almost 15 month old. The doctor came in and looked at his head. She wasn't sure if it was ringworm because she didn't see the complete shape of a circle and it had a scab on it. She took a swab of it so it could be tested. We will find out in 5-10 days. When we got home I asked David to make an appointment for Holly. She needed to be checked for ring worms and have her second set of puppy shots done. Today I took Holly to the Vet. She didn't have any ringworm. I hope that neither of them get it because treatment is oral medicine. I am praying that the test will come back negative. The vet said that Holly has an ear infection. He gave her some medicine. We have to clean her ears out twice a day and give her medicine for a week. After this week, we clean her ears out every day. They sent us home with ear cleaning wash. The vet bill was 200 bucks. The ear wash was 30. I am going to look online to see if we can buy it in bulk and save money that way. Needless to say my staying on budget is kind of out of whack. I guess that's why people say you can't live pay check to pay check. I will be taking Holly back in 3 weeks to get another set of shots done. I can't believe that she is 10 pounds already. She is only 13 weeks old. She will be about 15-20 pounds when she is full grown. Her height will double. Hayden is fast alseep. I am going to catch up on some DVR shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment