Thursday, January 1, 2009

Starting Over

A new year is here. Many people make resolutions and try to fulfill them throughout the year. I have made several over the years and haven't kept any. I started to think how can I keep them this year? I decided that if they were doable then it would be easier. I am hoping that I can stay on track.

1. Eat healthier- This is so hard for me. I figured it is okay to have a cookie but not five. I am learning that moderation is the key. I am going to count calories again. I really liked that it was easy.

2. Exercise daily- I love to workout. The hardest part is finding time every day. I am going to start with 30 minutes every day.

3. Read my bible- I did this every morning in high school. I would set my alarm; read and pray. I haven't really devoured the Word like I used to. I am going to try and set a time every morning to do this.

4. Stay on budget- I have gotten so lazy. I used to clip coupons and shop the ads for groceries. I still am a sale shopper, for clothes, shoes..... I am not with food. Every week I do my grocery shopping I can easily spending 250 a week. I am not sure what I buy or why. I just use my debit card and go on. I can’t believe how I can waste money. I am always buying something for Hayden toys, books, and clothes. Since David works offshore I have paid a few bills. I never paid the bills or even logged into the checking account before. I didn't even know how much money David makes. I was clueless. David and I have been talking about keeping track of our spending. We decided to use mint.com. This website lets you keep track and label all of your spending, so you know where it goes. We are trying to save more money. There is no reason why we needed to blow it on useless stuff. I am hoping that in the next 6 months we can reach our goal.

5. GRE and Graduate College- They wait is finally over. I am tired of saying I need to or want to.... I am planning on studying and taking the GRE. I will also narrow my choices of Grad School. I am excited about this. I am going to take my time and enjoy every class. I don't feel any pressure. I have no reason to rush to graduate.

So there are my top five. I have a few small ones left but it doesn't really matter. Anyways, David and I packed up all the Christmas stuff. We are going to try to organize Hayden's room next. We did this before his birthday. He got a lot of stuff for Christmas. I am going to save some and rotate books and toys. I am planning to go work in my room in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment