Monday, February 9, 2009

More Skittles


Today, I drove home from Houston. I would have driven back yesterday but I got sick. So I called into work. So anyways....I always have a bag of snacks packed. I was in a rush to leave this afternoon because I wanted Hayden to take his afternoon nap on the way home. So I didn't pack a huge snack bag. I had some crackers and Cheetos some of Hayden's favorites. On the way home the last 30-45 minutes he started to get kind of crabby. So I was searching for something to give him. I carry a toy bag in the car. It has different stuff in it. Hayden is only allowed to play with the toys in the car. He didn't want anything from the bag (no colors, books, a new DVD). He was just fussing and telling me all kinds of stuff. I had a bag of skittles. I gave Hayden a tiny piece of one. He ate that quickly. So then I bit one in half. He chewed that for a few minutes and asked for more. The skittles were a life saver! I loved the fact that he could have half of one and was content. It made the drive more peaceful. We made it home in 3 hours and 15 minutes. That is a record for us, no stopping either. YEAH!!! Hayden has been so adventurous. He can climb out of bed all by himself now. This is scary because if I forget to close the bathroom door he climbs on to the toilet then into the sink. I am afraid he is going to fall and hit his head. He loves to pull out all of the food from the fridge in search for something "good". He recently started to climb the pantry. (He sees my doing it all the time). Yesterday David and Micah were playing around punching each other, Hayden was watching them. He came over to me put his hand in a fist and started to punch me. I was so shocked how quickly he learned that.

No comments:

Post a Comment