Sunday, February 27, 2011

Saving $

We had a great weekend. We spent Saturday with my mom. Hayden loves his Grammy. He got very upset that we had to leave and go home. My mom and I took Hayden to the park. He wanted to take his t-ball stuff with him (of course). We ended up playing baseball for an hour. We figured out that he hits better left handed. David says he switches a lot when hitting. I guess I haven't noticed. We spent the rest of the day shopping. Hayden was trooper. Karen (David's mom) e-mailed me her friends link about using coupons and different things you can do to save money at the grocery store. I began doing research about couponing. I stayed up late reading tips online. I called several grocery stores around here asking if they double or triple coupons and if they priced matched advertising. I got some good information. The biggest thing I learned is you have to be organized and read ads. So today after church I went and bought 3 papers. I went to Kroger my total bill 160 dollars but I payed 100. I used website like coupon mom and the grocery game. I like the grocery game better because the fonts are in different colors so that you can see which items are great buys. The grocery game is free for 4 weeks. You can also compare store prices with the grocery game. I guess I need to get better at this but I only had 1 weeks worth of coupons. As time goes on I will be able to save more coupons. I enjoyed the adventure. I was so excited when I got home and told David what deals I found. I bought Bounty paper towels for 46 cents. Yogurt for Hayden for 70 cents. Mrs. Bairds bread for 75 cents. I am not perfect at this but I hope I can do better. The bulk of our grocery budget comes from fruits and veggies. I am hoping in the spring Farmers Market will open. We went out to eat tonight. I bought a gift card worth 25 dollars. It only cost us 2 dollars but you have to spend 35 dollars and leave 18% tip. I thought it was a good deal. Our total meal was 15 bucks for all 3 of us to eat. I finished all of my SFA stuff. YES!!!! I am so excited. Now it is a waiting game to see if I get accepted into the program. Hayden still has a cough. Tonight he coughed so much that he threw up. I am taking him to the doctor tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment