Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Making Money

Okay so most of you know that I have been on this couponing and saving money kick. I have been doing for about two months. I am going to be honest...YES it is time consuming. I do spend about 2-3 hours on Saturday or Sunday mapping out the deals, preparing list, and clipping coupons. It is so worth the reward. At first, I started small saving a few bucks here and there now I am up to the point where I get things for FREE!!! For the last two weeks I only spent 70 bucks on groceries each week. Before my budget was 100 bucks and it was VERY hard to stick to it. I base my menu each week based on what is on sale. We don't eat beans and rice for dinner but its not anything extravagant like lobster. I have a stock pile of several items like cereal, chips, cheese, frozen veggies, fruit snacks, Ziploc baggies, toilet paper. paper towels, toothpaste, razors, shower gel, soap, dish soap, bar soap, face wash, shampoo, deodorant, shaving gel, toothpaste, make-up, cleaning supplies...I am sure there is more but can't think of it. If we had a deep freeze I would stock up on meat when it's on sale. About 30-35 dollars of our budget goes to meat, fresh fruit and veggies, milk, and bread. It is hard to find coupons on those items.

This weekend I did really well. The following pictures were either free or less then buck. There was a few other things like juice and fruit and veggies that were cheap that I didn't get picture of.




There are 7 bottles of body wash. I must have about 15 bottles of body wash. It will take us a few years to go through all of that. I am thinking that I can donate a lot of the stuff we aren't going to use to families and kids at my school.




Tomorrow I am off to make some money on Splenda sugar. We don't use it but will cost $1.03 out of pocket and then I will get a $4.00 register reward at Walgreen's. I have been on the hunt for these color wonder things at Walgreen's...they are on sale and I have a coupon!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete