Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I really enjoyed birthdays as a kid. Now its not something I get excited about. I am just another year older. Can't say that's exciting. Yesterday there were 3 different reasons why. The 3rd reason was I got to share my last Kindergarten Graduation with my kiddos. I loved it!! It was so neat to see their parents and family so excited for them. They have all worked really hard. I have such a wide range of abilities in the classroom. They all started at the same level but grew so much. When they leave Kinder they have to be reading a level 4 book. All of my kids WERE on a 4 (or higher)!!! I have some reading on a second grade level. I think that's why I love Kinder so much because the possibilities are endless with them. I have come to realize that the days are getting shorter. I am TRYING to enjoy every minute with them. It is hard because they know school is ending and are WILD!!

Second reason why my birthday was exciting. The whole day was about me!! My students sang "Happy Birthday" to me and made me cards. My team (friends at work) had cup cakes and lunch for me. Family kept calling me and wishing me happy birthday. David took me out to eat to one of my favorite restaurants.

The real reason why it was AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment