Monday, May 2, 2011

EXCITING

Okay I am SO EXCITED. As most of you know I applied to SFA to start on my Masters. I really felt bummed when I found out that I didn't receive the Project Vision grant. The grant would cover 18 hours of classes, half of what I need to get my Masters. I talked to David for a few days how maybe I should do something else...teaching wasn't fun (it all goes back to all the CRAP I see...parents not caring and the rules and regulations). So I began to look at other things I "could" do, nothing seemed to interest me. I went back and looked at other ways that I could pay for my classes. I applied for a Scholarship that my district was offering. I really didn't think anything of it. My district employs 100's of teachers. My campus alone has about 60 degreed people. Last week I received an e-mail from the lady who is over the scholarship. They wanted to interview me and discuss my future plans! I was thrilled to go and let them know why I wanted to get my Masters. Tonight I got a call that I am going to be a recipient. YEA!!! I can start class in a month or so. No, this won't cover all of my expenses but I am happy with anything!! The Teach Grant (which pays 4,000 a year) process is coming along...not sure yet if I will receive that.

On a side note I will go to this lunch held at the country club and SPEAK!!! If you know ANYTHING about me you know I DO NOT speak in front of people I don't know. Yes, David thought that was the most hilarious thing ever...me not so much!! Uh...I am already getting sick...my stomach is turning.

The funny this is that every month we have a character trait at school...kindness, self control, honesty, loyalty, respect, courage, and diligence. Any idea what this months is? I discussed this very through with my kids...Yes it is CONFIDENCE!!! I don't think we will be talking about having confidence until Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment