Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kindness

I try to write this blog about Hayden and our life. Years from now I want to remember when. I often go back to read old post.

I have to say that one thing I've started to notice about Hayden is how kind he is. Hayden is always wanting to help if you are hurt, sick, or need something. When David or I sneeze Hayden asks "Do you need a tissue"? If were coughing he will say we need to take medicine. If I hurt myself..(lately its been smashing finger into doors or drawers and running into things). He runs over and says, "Are you okay"? Then he kisses whatever I hurt. He wants to make us happy. He truly gets concerned if something happens.

Hayden always starts his day with giving me a big kiss and a hug. When I drop him off at school he gives me a kiss and tells me he loves me. At night he wants me to cuddle or hold him. That is my favorite part of the day! He lets me know if its not up to his satisfaction. I am hoping that we are leading a way that will he will want to follow.

**Today I went to the country club to receive my scholarship. I had a great time. It was fun to see how many people appreciate and support you. I had to give my speech and I was first. It wasn't that bad at all, but wasn't my favorite. One of the requirements for this scholarships was writing an essay. I wrote about being premature and weighing 1 pound and 14 ounces. It was neat to see how many people read the essay and got to "know" me. At the Rotary Club there was a lot of big wigs from Baytown. Our districts Superintendent and Special Ed director were there. The superintendent told me how proud he was and what a great field I was getting into. My Special Ed director was very interested in talking with me! I am hoping this will turn into a new job! I would be able to teach kids with visual impairments in August. Please pray that everything will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment