Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You're Gonna Miss This

I know I write a lot about our life and whats going on and I know it's because I want to hold on to these moments forever. I want to remember what Hayden did and how much he has grown. Lately, Hayden has been on a baby kick. He wants to play babies and wants to know what he was like when he was a baby. It made me think to "back then"....What was it really like, what did he do? I began questioning why did I rush all of those moments with him. I wanted to look him in the face and "redo" him growing again. I ALWAYS say I can't wait until he ..... I then forget the what he is doing now. So in the process of rocking teddy bears and giving them bottles, or feeding them with a baby spoon (Hayden likes me to rock his stuffed animals and wrap them in a blanket, he then goes through all of the drawers in the kitchen to find some "baby stuff" and we play). I want to know what he can do.

*He loves to give hugs...and yes when he is in trouble he will give me a hug and kiss me and "bat" his eyes as maybe his cuteness will help. Most of the time it does...because he is so cute.

*When he gets excited about something he will jump up and down and kiss my arms or whatever he can reach.

*He still loves puzzles...He does love to build race tracks and push trucks and cars around on the tile floor.

*He wants a playmate. He loves to play with Holly but she usually doesn't want to play the same thing as him.

*He thinks everything happened yesterday. He likes me to go through the months and tell what is important about each month...He loves October and December.

*He loves fruit....When he was a baby he used to eat anything. Now he had developed his favorites..like blueberries, strawberries, rice, chicken nuggets, milk, bread, and yogurt.

*He doesn't forget anything and he loves to "try" to keep secrets.

*He is such a mix of David and I...He loves to around family and going places (me) and he can pretty much work any electronic device around here (David). He has my old Iphone and he loves that think. I download shows from Itunes and it helped so much when he were camping.

*He has a temper...It doesn't matter what it is...He will scream and cross his arms or attempt to throw a fit. If he doesn't like to he will let you know.

I am going to post a few of my favorite pictures of him "growing". I think as he gets older he doesn't really hit milestones but its neat to compare what he does at different times.


I love this picture because we don't do many "outings" as a family...We went to the Space Center and it was fun!

I LOVED his curls...It was still his baby hair. So technically he was still a baby. I have don't have many pictures that show his curls. Monday before I left for class, I went to kiss Hayden bye. He was taking a nap and he was sucking his thumb. When I went to pull it out I had to pull hard. I pulled so hard that I woke him up. If you ask him if he sucks his thumb the answer is no because babies do.

He wasn't even a month old here but was looking for something to suck on....I can remember my first sonogram picture of him...He was doing the same thing. It a picture that is glued to my head because having the sonogram meant it was "real".

I love my boys, but most of all I love the fact that they are close.

Today when I was doing my braille homework I was listening to the radio and heard Trace Adkins You're Gonna Miss this and it really made it clear that I need to not rush this time and cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment