Sunday, October 2, 2011

Planning

If you know me I plan things out to the T. I make lists and check them twice and make sure everything is checked off and done. David is quite the opposite. He lives for things on the fly, he can change his mind at any moment with no regrets. He kinda balances me out. I think I started to have baby fever after Hayden turned 1. At that time we were living in Louisiana and around November and December his work had a hiring freeze. He had heard word that things were getting tough and at the time his company was the only one working off shore. He knew something was up. So the timing wasn't right then. When we came to Houston it wasn't going to work either. I was going to start my job teaching in a public school for the first time....that was stressful enough! When we cut Hayden's curls off I felt like my baby was gone. There wasn't anything left that was baby like. So we began to plan and some what compromise. We talked about when Hayden was a certain age we would have another baby. I said 3 and David said 5 so we meet in the middle 4. So when we started to plan we decided that we wanted a summer baby. I wanted to stay home a little longer then 6 weeks and I wanted Hayden home too. So we figured okay a late May or early June baby. We did a lot of planning and the biggest cost of having a baby was the delivery and daycare. So we played with the numbers and the different insurance plans my school offered. My insurance is terrible. I pay around 900 dollars a month for insurance (health, dental, and eye). Then on top of that we have to reach a 1,200 deductible before the insurance will cover anything (then after the $1,200 we pay 20% of services). So figured the baby will cost around 4,000 dollars. So we factored that into our flex card so we can get it pre-taxed. The daycare is going to be the biggest expense. Right now we pay around $625 a month for Hayden, a baby would cost us $825 a month. It is crazy to think that in August we will spend more money in daycare then we do for house payment and my car! Yeah, so we wanted to save money and keep the baby home for awhile. As I said before we didn't think we would get pregnant so quick. So I think for the most part everything has falling into place. I am hoping that I can work until I delivery because I don't think I can stay home and not do anything. I don't have college classes in the summer so that worked out too. I am thinking that the delivery date and finals will run close so I am probably going to have to see if I can take my finals early. I don't think that will be a problem so I am so excited to have things work out. Now the next thing is to wait....and wait patiently that is going to be harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment