Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby Update

Last week I went to the doctor, everything went really well although I only gained a pound since last month. So for the whole pregnancy I gained 6 pounds which is kinda typically for me. I usually put on the weight at the end but the doctor wants me to slowly start gaining weight. If I haven't gained enough by 32 weeks I am going to have to change my diet. I am really hoping the weight will stick because I don't want to eat ice cream or big meals every day. I think it is because I am pretty active at work and only crave fruit and veggies. When I went to the doctor I was in panic mode when I was done. We discussed a date either May 7th or 9th and I have one more 3 week appointment and then it will be every 2 weeks. I don't think I am ready for all of these changes to come so fast. It seems when you look at a calendar that 14 weeks is a long time but in reality it isn't. When I look at what we have for the baby and the nursery I get pretty overwhelmed. So lately I have been ordering and looking for things online. I feel a sense of relief when I mark something off the baby checklist. The other day Hayden and I were shopping for the baby and he told me mom lets just go because this is too much work! I decided on the decor for the nursery jungle/safari theme. I went to look at fabric and I am staring on the pieces for the quilt. I want to make the animals out of different fabric and then sew it on to the quilt. I am also working on making burp clothes. I have a lot of little projects to do which I like. Hayden is being such a trooper and I think it is because I am making an effort to include and spend time with him. He enjoys all the little stuff we do at night. He loves to read books and play Bingo with me. I think this weekend (if the gets better) we can go to toysrus and let him getting something for himself. He does see all of the stuff we get for baby and is getting jealous so it will be his turn next.

No comments:

Post a Comment