Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year...Fresh Start

I dread the new year, it always makes me relive the past year. As I thought about where we were and what has happened it made me do a lot of thinking. In the past year David and I have been in school, changed jobs, added a new family member, started couponing, went on a few vacations, and learned a lot about myself. Overall, I am excited about what this new year holds for us a family. I can't wait to meet our baby boy (who we haven't picked out a name for yet). I am so excited and proud of the career choice David has made and eager for him to start working the streets. David has started to do the boy stuff with Hayden...like working on projects, fixing things, and including him in anything that he is going to learn from. Hayden enjoys this!! When they are working in the garage, David will ask Hayden for tools and let him nail or screw things in. I look at Hayden and how much he has grown and matured, last year he wasn't sleeping in his bed all night or knew how to read or write. He has learned to be patient, a great helper, and a boy with a soft kind heart (he still wants kisses and hugs through out the day)! I am proud of the boy we are raising and how he surprises me. I think the best thing about last year is believing in the unknown. I am super big planner and life hasn't worked out to my plan and it has been 10 times better then what I planned. I am proud that I have stuck with getting my masters. In May, I will have half of my masters done and only a year half left!!! No it's not easy and yes there are sacrifices, but they are so worth it! Retiring earlier at 56, instead of 65!! I am proud that David and I "have our head on straight". We see the big picture and don't live in the present but plan for the future. I know that 2012 holds a lot of new things for us...change and many things not planned out, but this time I am okay with that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment