Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday

So it tomorrow is David's birthday and I have a feeling that we will be busy all day so I wanted to write this before then. I can't believe that the years have gone by so fast. I remember when I first moved to Lubbock and we celebrated David's birthday just the two of us, now it is the whole family. It amazes me how much things change over time. I asked David what kind of cake he wanted and he said chocolate. He then said everything will be made from scratch, right? I said yes, he said well I hate the canned icing. I think David has gotten used to everything being homemade. He loves homemade cakes and cookies. I can't remember that last time I made a box anything. I have a feeling that might change soon! He has gotten spoiled over the years but won't admit it. I love to bake and cook so I actually enjoy it. Hayden was looking at a calendar a few weeks ago and I told him when David's birthday was. I told him that daddy will be 32 and since he is getting "old" he will start having gray hair. I told Hayden that every day he needs to check David's head for gray hair. So the other night Hayden and David were playing and then Hayden stopped to inspect David's hair. David was puzzled and started asking him why he was doing that. Hayden of course said, I am checking for gray hair. David said why and Hayden said because mommy said too. David didn't think it was too funny, but I was cracking up because it was the typically thing Hayden would say. We went and bought David a birthday present and it didn't take long for Hayden to tattle what it was. David then began asking me about and of course I can't keep a straight face so he already knows but can't open it tomorrow. Happy Birthday to a smart, wonderful, supporting, encouraging, helpful, and loving husband (or dad as Hayden would say).

No comments:

Post a Comment