Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ethan Wayne Hunter

We are proud parents to another boy. Monday morning came and went and now we were now a family of four. Everything went smoothly. Ethan was born at 8:28. Hayden was so excited to meet him. While we were in the operating room, David text a picture of him to his mom so Hayden could see. Needless to say Hayden was SO ready for him. Ethan is a lot smaller then we expected (David and I). Before we went in to to OR David and I guessed the weight. David said 7.1 and I said 7.2. We were both wrong. He weighed 6.5 and was 18 inches long. The C-section went smoothly. Last time it was kinda rushed because it was an emergency this time it was a lot slower. I felt okay afterwards and was dying to see Ethan. I only saw him for a brief second before they took him to the nursery (I was kinda out of it so I don't remember much). Although he didn't want to come out. The Dr. had to tug, pull, and "work" him out. He was very comfortable and wanted to stay!! David went with Ethan and Hayden got to get a glimpse of him too. After I was out of the OR Ethan had to stay in the Nursery to be monitored. He had taken a deep breathe and manged to get his longs wet. Which meant he was taking to many breathes in a minute. I kept asking if I could see him. David was trying to help by showing me pictures, but it was not working. After a lot of convincing they agreed I could see him. I had to wait until I had some feeling in my legs though....So eventually they wheeled me over there. I couldn't believe how tiny he looked.  When Hayden was born he had fat rolls and just a bigger body. Ethan is very tiny and small, I am thinking my body frame (but I hope not). I can hold his whole head in my head (imagine how he looks when David holds him)!! I also got to hold him for the first time in there too. I was a proud mommy!! Ethan finally was stable enough to come with us. We did a lot of holding, smiling, and picture taking. Overall we are doing well and are very blessed. When Hayden came to the hospital (David and Hayden went to go eat breakfast, while I checked in and was monitored), they gave him a bracelet that said big brother Hayden and a sticker. He wore those very proudly. Here are a few pictures from Monday...FYI it is 4:15 in the morning and I have had about 4 hours of sleep  the last 24 hours so I have not proof read anything....I think my eyes are seeing doubles. Now off to sleep for me......I hope!!








No comments:

Post a Comment