Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Enough for Two?

When I was pregnant with Ethan I often wondered if I could love another baby as much as I love Hayden. Hayden is my first born and he taught me how big your heart can grow. Before having kids David was my love and it is a different kind of love you have for a spouse then you have for kids. I struggled a lot and kept telling myself it would be easy to have a bond with Ethan and I could love him the same amount as Hayden. When I talked to people about this all that they told me was it is a different kind of love. What does that exactly mean, isn't love, love, no matter what? Well a few weeks went by after Ethan was born and I started to understand what that meant. I love Ethan for different reason than I love Hayden. I love Ethan because he is that cute baby stage, where he goes along with everything and doesn't have any cares. I love him because he is such a good baby...he rarely cries and when he does it is an easy fix. I love him because he has given me the chance to raise and teach him, I love him because he is part of me. Each and every day I look at him and say wow we created this little guy. I love Hayden because we can play and read. I love Hayden because he starts laughing for no reason and then I join him, I love Hayden because he is so independent, I love Hayden because he is a great big brother, I love Hayden because he has a kind heart (the other day we were siting in the car talking and he gave me a kiss and I said I love you and he said I will always love you)! These boys are the apple of my eye and I would do anything for them. We are blessed to have two great boys that have changed us in so many ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment