Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mini Van Mom

A few weeks ago David and I bought a car. We had been car searching because my car was too small for the four of us. When David would drive Hayden would have to squeeze behind David to get to his car seat. So we started searching online and narrowed down our choices, we were convinced it was going to be a suburban or a yukon XL. Anything smaller then that wouldn't allow me to fit a full size stroller in the back without putting the seat down which would defeat the whole purpose of a bigger car. So after figuring out what we needed space wise then we were set. So we went shopping...jokingly on the way there David had mentioned us getting a van...I was dead set against it. We looked and tried out EVERY SUV you could imagine, we tried moving the seats and putting Ethan in the very back or whatever to get his car seat to fit somewhere leaving room for Hayden to get by, nothing worked. I then told David this is so aggravating not finding anything that will work. I just don't want to settle for something that will be okay... I said okay fine lets go look at the vans. Man, I was so impressed. I loved all the room and like how I could put the stroller in the back and have room for groceries. I like how the middle row had bucket seats so they could move back to make room for Ethan and Hayden. So we ended up picking out a van with all the bells and whistles. I mean fancy...after having it for awhile I am still figuring things out . Hayden loves the DVD player, I think when we go on vacation I will too! There is two screens so you can watch two different movies at the same time. The middle row has heated seats...not sure how often we will use them but pretty nice. It has navigation, backup camera (a must for me), voice activated stuff, (I can use tell it to call people or change radio stations with it, you can even use it for navigation but I haven't figured that out), the pedals move, remote start,  and everything opens when you click it on the remote (I use it all the time when I am carrying Ethan). Needless to say we are totally loving the van... definitely not my first choice but oh so roomy and fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment